UKRAINE SUPREME LEGAL COUNCIL (in short USLC) is the national registration authority of valid professional status, language and pro competence and academic mobility.
Council’s terms of reference include licensing of professionals, pro status confirmation, international certification and professional qualification of practicing specialists of regulated and non-regulated occupations.
The USLC aims and missions are:
- keeping of the Professional Status Register (PSR)
- keeping of the Language and Pro Competence Register (LPcR)
- keeping of the Academic Mobility Register (AMR)
- assisting in and providing services of specialised Primary Source Verification solution towards selected specialist in various spheres: immigration screening services, validation of educational documents, employment certificates, practice licenses, work permits, passports, documents that confirm language proficiency and academic integrity;
- administering international examinations and accreditation with a purpose of adherence of qualified services in sphere of continuing professional development;
- legal assistance;
- conducting an inquiry based on applications of the relevant entities;
- registration and issuance of documents, certificates, licenses.
USLC actions are regulated by:
The Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine, resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, other acts of legislation, Regulation on the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 02 July 2014 № 228 (as amended), orders of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, Decision of the Conference of the Council, Statute with amendments and supplements from 2016, etc. USLC is a Part of Public Council of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in accordance with the Decree of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine dated October 17, 2017, No. 3870/7 and November 8, 2019 No. 3942/7, assisting the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (hereinafter – the Council) in the implementation of the state legal policy dated 02 July 2014 № 228.